If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you are looking for a new salad routine, this is it! A no-oil salad dressing plus fun ingredients like dates, almonds, cinnamon, oranges and mint. I found orange flower water, oddly enough, in the wine aisle, but you could also use rose water. The lettuce, oranges and dates put this salad over the top, nutritionally-speaking. It's "High In" fiber, potassium and vitamins A and C while being "Low In" saturated fat and cholesterol. —Vegetarianized.com
- 2 oranges, supremed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup blanched, slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 ounces dried, pitted dates, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 ounce mint leaves
- 1 head romaine, chopped
- Catch the juice while you supreme the oranges, then add the lemon juice, sugar, orange flower water, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until well combined and add the orange supremes back.
- oss the almonds, dates, mint and romaine together in a bowl. Add orange supremes with the dressing to the salad and toss gently. Serve cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff