If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was recently contacted by Chobani yogurt to participate in their #MadeWithChobani campaign. You may have noticed I rarely endorse products, but since I actually eat Chobani nearly every day, I decided to go for it. I used their nonfat lemon yogurt for a creamy, tart dressing to top a salad of bitter chicory, sweet Asian pear and crunchy homemade croutons. I learned to make the croutons at the Meadowood Grill during my externship last fall, and they were a super, duper hit with the family over Christmas. And the chicory - wow! - it makes this salad "High In" fiber, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. —Vegetarianized.com
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus enough to fill a pot 1/2-3/4"
- 8 ounces multi-grain bread loaf, crust removed
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 5.3 ounces container nonfat lemon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pound chicory leaves/heads, coarsely chopped
- 1 Asian pear, sliced thin
- Fill a small pot with 1/2-3/4" EVOO and heat over medium.
- Meanwhile, tear crouton-sized pieces from the loaf. When the EVOO reaches 350 F, fry in batches until golden. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and immediately sprinkle with salt before it cools. I used 1/2 tsp for the 8 oz bread.
- To make the dressing, whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, honey and remaining 1/2 tsp salt.
- To assemble the salad, add chicory, pear and croutons to a large bowl. Pour dressing over and toss well. Serve immediately before croutons soak up too much dressing and become soft.