If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: At work we make similar kale chips as an appetizer, but I wanted to try a true potato chip flavor. I made the BBQ seasoning based on dry rubs for meat. I think I'm beginning to believe all the hype about kale being a super food. Because of the kale, this recipe is "Low In" fat, saturated fat, carbs and cholesterol while also being "High In" Vitamins A and C as well as a "Good Source" of potassium, iron, calcium, and fiber. Rock it, kale! —Vegetarianized.com
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and black pepper, each
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To clean the kale, rinse, then run your fingers up the stem to release the leaves. Dry the kale thoroughly.
- Toss kale with EVOO and place on a foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Mix all the spices together and then sprinkle it evenly over the kale.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until the kale is dried, but be careful to not let it burn. Remove from the oven, let cool, and then enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff