If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicate French lentils and kale in a bright citrusy dressing mixed with creamy, tangy, Feta cheese —Nancy
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (juice of 2 lemons)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch flat leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- In a good processor or blender, puree lemon juice, garlic and parsley. With processor running slowly add oil in a steady stream until it is well blended
- 8 ounces French green lentils
- 1/2 Spanish onion, cut in half
- 2 stalks celery (leafy ones) cut in half
- 1 carrot, washed, not peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 red onion, chopped into 1/4"
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes (measure after cutting)
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale
- 4 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled
- Put Spanish onion, celery, carrot, bay leaf, garlic lentils and stock into a pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes, until lentils are tender.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Remove stems from kale, massage the kale (rub leaves together to break down tough cell walls) Stack leaves on top of each other and cut into julienne
- Before adding kale to boiling water, prepare an ice bath Drop kale into water and remove it immediately to the ice bath Drain kale and dry in a salad spinner
- Add everything to a large mixing bowl, and toss with dressing
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff