Author Notes: This vegetarian dish pairs exceedingly well with a good friend & a glass of wine.
Easy & Quick -- especially with an immersion blender.
Versatile & Forgiving .... Combine your greens if you wish -- it's Spring, take a leap!
(Lacking a full 2 cups of "green", I've supplemented my available asparagus
with a handful of peas, a small peeled red potato and an onion.)
Works as an entree, bite-sized appetizer, breakfast leftover or brunch addition.
*picnic & toddler friendly
Serves: 4 - 6
cups Broccoli (Asparagus, Spinach, Escarole, Swiss Chard, Zucchini, or Leeks) Blanched, Steamed, or Simmered & Drained
cup Light Cream or Whole Milk
Egg Large/Extra Large
cup Pecorino Romano or Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Won Ton Wraps
2/3 to 1
cups Shredded Mozzarella, Asiago, Cheddar, Feta, or Swiss Cheese
Salt and Pepper, To Taste
2 - 3
tablespoons Olive Oil
Paprika for Garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam broccoli until stalks are tender when pierced. Allow to cool.
- Puree the broccoli with the cream/milk, egg, and grated parmesan/pecorino cheese. Season the mixture.
- Coat the bottom and sides of a 8″x8″ pan with olive oil. Place 4 won ton wraps in the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon “Green” puree over wraps to cover and sprinkle with a light layer of shredded cheese.
- Repeat layering twice more, dusting the top with paprika and an optional drizzle of olive oil,
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until slightly puffed and golden. Cool, then cut into desired wedge size.
- Serve at room temperature, slightly warm, or chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff