Author Notes: These granola bars are packed with fiber and healthy ingredients, and have no refined sugar. The banana lends a nice natural sweetness to the bars and helps bind them together, while the addition of buckwheat adds an extra crunch. Perfect for breakfast or snack time! —Laura
Makes: 10 bars
cups quick cooking oats
cup raw buckwheat groats
tablespoons hemp hearts
extra ripe bananas
tablespoons raw honey
tablespoons almond butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Into the same bowl, pour in pureed banana, honey and almond butter and stir until all ingredients are moistened
- Add in raisins and continue stirring until everything is fully incorporated.
- Spoon batter into a 9x9 square baking tin and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until top is firm and edges are golden.
- Allow to cool in the pan on a rack and then slice into bars
- Store in an airtight container.