If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Overflowing with savory roasted vegetables, seasoned with spices and topped with an egg – it might just keep you full until the afternoon. —Oat&Sesame
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped and roasted
- 1 small cauliflower, chopped and roasted
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of kale or spinach, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa, rinsed and cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- a few dashes of cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs, cooked to your preference
- olive oil
- chopped parsley, cilantro or basil to top
- First chop both the sweet potato and cauliflower. Place each on their own rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and toss each liberally with olive oil and sea salt. Roast them at 400° for about 25 minutes or until they are tender and starting to brown.
- While the potatoes and cauliflower are roasting, rinse and cook the quinoa. Set aside.
- In a large pan (you'll be adding everything to it), sauté chopped onion in a bit of olive oil until translucent and starting to brown - about 5 minutes. Season with a dash of salt.
- Add chopped red pepper and kale or spinach. Season again with a few dashes of salt. Saute until kale wilts a bit and pepper starts to soften -about 3 minutes.(Kale will hold up better if you're making extra for the week)
- Add sweet potatoes and cauliflower to the pan.
- Toss with spices....cumin, paprika and cinnamon. Sometimes I add a dash of olive oil here as well.
- Mix in the cooked quinoa and cook until everything is warm and ready to eat!
- Adjust seasonings to taste along with more salt and pepper to taste. I like extra cinnamon!
- In a separate pan cook your eggs to your preference.
- Place a serving of quinoa/veggie mixture into a bowl. Top with cooked egg. Sprinkle with parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff