If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been on kind of a sun dried tomato kick recently, and using them in soup form seemed like a logical next step. The sun dried version is an excellent alternative - the flavor you get is rich, deep, and tangy. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, oil drained
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- basil, chopped, as garnish
- In a medium sized pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent. Stir in white wine and deglaze pot, letting liquid cook down by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, red pepper flakes, marjoram, and sun dried tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender or a food processor, puree soup until smooth.
- Return to low heat and stir in half and half. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in maple syrup, salt, and pepper to taste. Top with basil as garnish.