Author Notes: A healthy version of hummus without the tahini but with a splash of lemon, a perfect Spring dip. —claire
ounces bag of frozen sweet peas boiled for two minutes
cup grated parmesan
tablespoons lemon juice*
tablespoon olive oil
teaspoon minced garlic
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon onion powder
- Boil peas on stove for two minutes
- Reserve 1/2 cup of water and drain peas.
- Put lemon juice, parmesan, olive oil and seasoning in bottom of food processor.
- Add peas and 2 tablespoons of water and puree. Continue to add water, one tablespoon at a time, until peas are smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fridge 4 hours before serving. Best served with grilled flatbread or pita.
- *More or less lemon juice may be used depending on your taste.