Author Notes: This soup is simple to make and delivers a healthy serving of anti-oxidant vegetables. You can make it ahead of time and store in the refrigerator to enjoy as you like. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/delicious-anti-oxidant-soup —Healthline
cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken stock
medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
leeks, cut into chunks up to the dark green part
cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
(10 oz). bags of spinach
bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed off
teaspoon red pepper flakes
tablespoons mild curry powder (optional)
- Toss the potato and leek chunks into the stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, then add in the rest of the vegetables and red pepper flakes.
- Bring back to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, until everything is soft but still nicely green.
- Puree with an emersion blender or transfer to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning, then add in curry powder to taste. Season generously, because when served cold, the flavors are muted.
- This soup can be made ahead of time: Allow to sit at room temperature for 2 hours to cool, then store in the fridge.