If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup is simple to make and delivers a healthy serving of anti-oxidant vegetables. You can make it ahead of time and store in the refrigerator to enjoy as you like. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/delicious-anti-oxidant-soup —Healthline
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 leeks, cut into chunks up to the dark green part
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- 2 (10 oz). bags of spinach
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed off
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons mild curry powder (optional)
- Toss the potato and leek chunks into the stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, then add in the rest of the vegetables and red pepper flakes.
- Bring back to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, until everything is soft but still nicely green.
- Puree with an emersion blender or transfer to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning, then add in curry powder to taste. Season generously, because when served cold, the flavors are muted.
- This soup can be made ahead of time: Allow to sit at room temperature for 2 hours to cool, then store in the fridge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff