If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Julia Child’s greatest gift to the home cook was her affable and encouraging nature. As women though, she showed us that we can reinvent ourselves and explore new passions. She taught us to embrace our imperfections and that cooking is a venture to be enjoyed. In many ways, these are the lessons from a friend. Certainly the kind of friends I keep. So, this simple summer salad was inspired both by Julia Child and by my "good food and wine friend." —Stephanie
"Gin & Ginger" Dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons gin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 English cucumber
- 1 green apple
- 1 scallion
- For dressing: In a small bowl, mix ginger and mustard. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- Dice cucumber and apple (I like pieces that are about 1/4″ or just slightly larger). Chop scallions.
- In medium bowl, combine cucumber, apple, and scallions. Pour dressing over salad and stir gently with a large spoon to combine. Serve chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff