Cream of broccoli soup is a fast and easy option for a full-flavored meal any time of year.
Cooking tip: Once you begin to add the milk and sour cream, make sure to not bring the soup to a boil or you run the risk of curdling. If you're reheating it in a microwave, be sure to heat only on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/cream-broccoli —Healthline
vegetable cooking spray
large yellow onion, chopped
cups broccoli, chopped
cups 2% milk
cup low-fat sour cream
teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
freshly cracked black pepper
teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot sprayed with cooking spray, cook onions 3 minutes or until translucent. Add broccoli and water and cook covered, about 8 minutes or until broccoli stems are tender.
- Remove 1/2 cup of broccoli and chop finely. Set aside for garnish.
- Puree remaining broccoli, cooking liquid, and milk in batches in a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth.
- Return mixture to pan and whisk in remaining ingredients. Heat over medium-low heat until hot, but not boiling. Serve topped with 1 tablespoon reserved chopped broccoli.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff