If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Cream of broccoli soup is a fast and easy option for a full-flavored meal any time of year.
Cooking tip: Once you begin to add the milk and sour cream, make sure to not bring the soup to a boil or you run the risk of curdling. If you're reheating it in a microwave, be sure to heat only on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com... —Healthline
vegetable cooking spray
large yellow onion, chopped
cups broccoli, chopped
cups 2% milk
cup low-fat sour cream
teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
freshly cracked black pepper
teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot sprayed with cooking spray, cook onions 3 minutes or until translucent. Add broccoli and water and cook covered, about 8 minutes or until broccoli stems are tender.
- Remove 1/2 cup of broccoli and chop finely. Set aside for garnish.
- Puree remaining broccoli, cooking liquid, and milk in batches in a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth.
- Return mixture to pan and whisk in remaining ingredients. Heat over medium-low heat until hot, but not boiling. Serve topped with 1 tablespoon reserved chopped broccoli.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff