If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad was always a sign that spring was well and truly arrived, as it made use of the first fruits of the garden. Seems like we'd have it almost every night when the garden would start providing lettuce, radishes and green onions -- the first tastes of spring. —Kayb
- 6 cups leaf lettuce, torn into bite-sized bits
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 4 strips bacon, cut into lardons and fried until crisp
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Toss the lettuce, onions and radishes in a large bowl.
- Fry the bacon crisp. Drizzle hot bacon fat and lardons over salad.
- Sprinkle with a tablespoon of red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar, toss, and serve immediately.
More Great Recipes: Salads