If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a collision of some of the Southern staples in an easy slow cooker recipe. Delicious and healthy, it is the perfect side dish or entree. —Alchemist
- 1 pound collard greens
- 1/4 pound turnip greens
- 1/4 pound mustard greens
- 1/4 head of cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Cut/ tear the leaves in desired sizes or patterns. Make sure to make collard pieces small, however, to facilitate cooking because collards are the toughest of the vegetables being cooked.
- Place all of the vegetables in a 5 quart slow cooker (The vegetables begin to condense over time, so it is possible to use a slightly smaller slow cooker. It’ll just be a really tight fit initially.
- Add all of the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until desired tenderness.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff