Author Notes: This salad is good in the spring to celebrate the greens, and makes a festive Christmas salad if you freeze the summer pesto you make for later! —Laura Schultz
Serves: 4-6 people
handfuls of cherry tomatoes
8 oz. containers cherry Mozzarella balls
cups of packed basil leaves
cup extra virgin olive oil
cup salted pistachios, shelled
salt and pepper
- 1. To make the pesto, put basil leaves, extra virgin olive oil, and pistachios in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. To make the salad, cut the cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls in half.
- 3. Cut the avocado so the pieces are approximately the same size. Salt the avocado to bring out the flavor.
- 4. Toss the avocado, tomatoes, and mozzarella. Plate the salads, and drizzle the salad with the pesto. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper