If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is good in the spring to celebrate the greens, and makes a festive Christmas salad if you freeze the summer pesto you make for later! —Laura Schultz
Serves: 4-6 people
handfuls of cherry tomatoes
8 oz. containers cherry Mozzarella balls
cups of packed basil leaves
cup extra virgin olive oil
cup salted pistachios, shelled
salt and pepper
- 1. To make the pesto, put basil leaves, extra virgin olive oil, and pistachios in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. To make the salad, cut the cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls in half.
- 3. Cut the avocado so the pieces are approximately the same size. Salt the avocado to bring out the flavor.
- 4. Toss the avocado, tomatoes, and mozzarella. Plate the salads, and drizzle the salad with the pesto. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper