If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This galette is filling while not feeling heavy. It walks the line between winter and spring, with leeks on their way out of season and peas on their way in. And the pancetta, you can never go wrong with adding pancetta to a savory pie. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 leeks, green parts trimmed, cut in half lengthwise and then sliced into thin horizontal strips
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 egg yolks, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fresh peas
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Using a food processor, mix together flour and salt. Pulse in cold butter until coarse crumbs form.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, water, and lemon juice. Add liquid to food processor and pulse until dough comes together.
- Shape dough into disc and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for an hour or up to 2 days.
- To make the filling, preheat oven to 400F.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a heavy bottomed skillet. Add leeks and cook until they start to brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in salt, honey, and balsamic vinegar. Cook until leeks start to caramelize, about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix together ricotta and 2 of the egg yolks. Stir in cooled leeks, peas, pancetta, sage, and pepper.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about a 12 inch round. Transfer dough to a parchment paper lined baking dish.
- Add filling to center of dough and spread to about 1 inch from edges. Fold over edges to form galette.
- Add a dash of water to remaining egg yolk and whisk. Brush dough with egg wash and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until crust is golden brown.