If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
This updated version of the 1950s classic lacks much of the fat and calories without sacrificing the taste. Try your favorite flavor of low-fat cream soup or substitute rotisserie-cooked chicken for tuna. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/low-fat-tuna-broccoli-casserole —Healthline
- 1 1/2 large heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 (9 oz.) cans albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can reduced-sodium, low-fat cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring at least 1 gallon of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli and cook 4 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together milk and next 3 ingredients. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in soup and next 4 ingredients. Add broccoli and tuna and stir to combine. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle parmesan evenly over top.
- Bake 50 minutes or until mixture is heated throughout and cheese is golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff