If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Makes cocktails or afternoon tonic refreshment drinks for 6!
(For tonic refreshment – leave out the vodka!)
This drink first came to me when my Brazilian office assistant came to my home office in Seattle for filing only to find me in tears at hearing the news that my beloved kitty had died. Sonya sat me down and made me this afternoon drink from her home country of Brazil (minus the vodka that day) and said this helped to heal broken hearts and refresh the soul. Her good spirit and this drink was truly transformative.
Travel on a more few years when I found myself in Soliman bay near Akumal Mexico with my two best friends and a host of geckos, and (oh drat!!!!) too many limes and fresh out of tequila. We watched the sunset looking for that infamous green flash and with vodka in hand made our own “Green Flash” on the spot! After a few of these we swear we saw it while eating ceviche, and authentic fish tacos made with Barracuda bought on the streets in Tulum. Now I live full time on the Oregon shore and this is my favorite go to drink now year round for refreshment and contentment.
Serves 6 in 8 ounce tall glasses
Ingredients: 1 & ½ cups crushed ice 3 good sized avocados – perfectly ripe 1 to 1 ½ cup sparkling water or seltzer (based upon your desired effervescence level) 1 cup citron style vodka (or another vodka of your choice – but never sweet) ¾ cup sugar or
- 1. 5 cups Crushed ice
- 1.5 cups sparkling water
- 1 cup Vodka (preferably citron)
- Preparation: • Prep the juice of all limes in a bowl and the zest in another. Prep your salted rim glasses. • Scour out the seed from your three avocados – leave chunky in your bowl. In your blender: Add ice and sparkling water, your sweet sugar or agave, juice of all the limes. Blend on low! The blend will foam up due to the sparkling water but let turn off the blender and let settle.
sweetening, salting, and zesting ingedients
- 3/4 cup sugar or 1/2 cup agave
- juice of 6 Limes
- 1 lemon (for zesting and also for glass wedges
- small plate course sea salt
- 3 seed and place in bowl avocado halves
- add in sugar, blend.
- Next add your avocado’s blending in two halves of the avocado at a time and depending upon the size of your blending container. Blend on medium until you get all avocados in – then with lids on blend on high for 30 seconds and watch the magical color and texture change as the avocados swirl into a light green cream! Taste - the drink should have the right blend of sweet, sour, salty and sparkly Salt your rims of your glasses with salt and lime zest. Pour the silky mixture into your glass and add a lemon wedge to finish it off!