If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who needs expensive restaurant salads when you can easily make them for a fraction of the price? This Sweet Potato Spring Salad is refreshing yet satisfying and I promise it'll become your family's favorite. —All that's Jas
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups mixed spring baby greens
- 1/3 cup Feta cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 scallions (green onions)
- 4-5 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinches of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees Fahrenheit. Rinse and chop potatoes into bite size cubes. Toss potatoes with salt, pepper, oregano, cumin and oil. Place the seasoned potatoes on a large cookie sheet (do not crowd them otherwise they will not roast evenly). Bake until the edges start to turn darker, about 20 minutes. Place greens on a serving dish. Top with roasted potatoes, crumbled feta, chopped green onions (white and green parts), sliced strawberries, cranberries, sunflower seeds, and cilantro. Before serving, gently toss with the dressing.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a small mixing bowl, except the oil. Adding drop by drop to start, gradually whisk in olive oil; whisk until dressing is thick and glossy.