If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple recipe—a handful of vegetables, nutty chickpeas, and good balsamic nourish and satisfy— is something I reach for when I need dinner inspiration.
Adapted from Goya Foods —Posie Harwood
- 15 1/2 ounces canned chickpeas (1 can)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon high-quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled ricotta salt cheese (optional) and/or shredded chicken, poached eggs, or cooked grains
- Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except for the cheese and mix to combine.
- Top with the cheese, if you want, or shredded chicken, a poached egg, or grains like rice or farro.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Topics: Weeknight Cooking