If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A deviled egg with a colorful twist and tangy capers. —Early Morning Farm
Makes 12 eggs
- 6 beet pickled eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped capers, plus 12 for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
Beet Pickled Eggs
- 2 medium beets, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup hot water from the tap
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 peeled hardboiled eggs
- Pickle the eggs - Fill a quart jar with the vinegar the hot water, vinegar, garlic cloves, sugar, peppercorns, and salt. Shake until sugar is dissolved. Layer beets and eggs in the jar, and let jar cool on the counter. Refrigerate overnight.
- Carefully slice each egg vertically, then carefully remove the yolks. Use a fork to mash the yolks completely, then add mayonnaise and dijon. Stir until creamy then fold in capers. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then scoop filling into the eggs. Top each egg with a caper. Serve at once or chill until serving.