If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted to do something different with the bountiful eggplant in season now so I thought I'd combine two of my man's favorite things - eggplant and pistachios. Together they become a darn tasty, easy-to-make salad dressed with a pomegranate-honey-garlic vinaigrette. The nuts make this dish a Good Source of phosphorus (for bones and teeth), potassium (helps offset some of sodium's harmful effects on blood pressure), and thiamin (helps carbs become energy) while the lemon juice will boost your Vitamin C intake for the day. —Vegetarianized.com
- 1 pound eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2" dice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup pistachio meat
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, toss eggplant with lemon juice, 1 Tbsp EVOO, and 1/4 tsp salt. Roast 30 minutes, then broil 3-5 minutes to char. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Put the pistachios in a dry skillet and toast over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- To make the dressing, whisk together pomegranate juice, vinegar, honey, garlic, black pepper and remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle remaining 2 Tbsp EVOO into the bowl while whisking constantly.
- To assemble, toss the eggplant with the pistachios and the dressing. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.