If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This tangy lentil salad, which makes a great side for beef or lamb, has a little bit of crunch, and brightness from the herbs that really make it stand out. —DailyMeals
- 1 cup French Green Lentils
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 2 Shallots or one small onion
- 1 Celery Stick
- 2 tablespoons Verjus(You can leave it out if you cant find it)
- 2 tablespoons Tarragon Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Good Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- 3 sprigs Lemon thyme
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Tarragon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Dice the carrots, onion, celery and parsley.
- Add lentils, carrots, onion, celery and thyme to a pot with 3 cups of water. Boil for 25 minutes(or per directions).
- While the lentils cook, add parsley, verjus, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to a bowl stir to combine.
- Drain the lentils, and remove the sprigs of thyme. Add to the bowl with the vinaigrette.
- Let the lentils absorb some of the dressing. Add more olive oil or vinegar as needed. You can also add some truffle oil for another twist on this salad! Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad