If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was originally requested by my mom, who has celiac disease(gluten intolerance). I really dislike traditional tabouli so I tried to create something that we would both enjoy, and the result is amazing. Adding the roasted tomatoes along with all of the herbs, gives it a great depth of flavor. Enjoy! —DailyMeals
- 1 cup Quinoa, cooked
- 1 Whole Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Tahini
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Small English Cucumber(The seedless kind)
- 1 pint of plum/cherry tomatoes, roasted
- 1 Heirloom tomato, diced (optional)
- 4 Green Onions
- 1 Handful, Fresh Spinach
- 2 tablespoons Each, Fresh Mint, Dill, Parsley
- 1 Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Zest lemon and add to plum tomatoes. Place on sheet pan. Roast tomatoes on 325 for about 30 minutes
- Cook quinoa according to package. Let cool slightly.
- Chop onion, cucumber, herbs and spinach
- Add olive oil, tahini, juice from the lemon, and salt and pepper to a medium bowl.
- Add quinoa, then veggies to the olive oil mix. Stir to combine. Chop fresh tomato and add if desired.
- Taste for seasoning and add more olive/salt/pepper as needed
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad