If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When the asparagus and potatoes cam out of the oven all roasty and warm, I tossed them with a sweet and tangy mustard vinaigrette, which was soaked up beautifully by the warm veggies. Finished off with fresh herbs, this lovely springy side went perfectly along with some simply roasted salmon for a satisfying dinner. Oh spring, I’m so glad you’re here. —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
- 1 pound potatoes, cleaned and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 pound asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss the potatoes with 1 Tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper. Once evenly coated, spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Toss the asparagus with ½ Tbsp olive oil, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper. After the potatoes have roasted for 20 minutes, pull the baking sheet out of the oven, give the potatoes a good stir, then add the asparagus to the baking sheet with the potatoes. Put back in the oven and roast for an additional 10 - 15 minutes, or until potatoes and asparagus are tender.
- When vegetables are finished roasting, remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes to cool slightly.
- In a bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the remaining 2 ½ Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, honey, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper. Toss dressing with the roasted vegetables. Stir in the chopped parsley and chives. Serve immediately.