If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A yummy subtle peanut butter bread with sweet streusel. I braided my loaf, covering each strand in streusel, in order to incorporate more sweetness into the bread. —Tessa
Makes 1 loaf
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 4 XL eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups flour + 1 cup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanuts (plain unsalted)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Stir 1 tsp. sugar into warm water. Sprinkle the yeast over the water and let it proof.
- While your yeast proofs whisk together melted butter, eggs, milk, peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients: sugar, salt and 3 cups of flour.
- With a wooden spoon stir yeast and water into the flour mixture, followed by the egg mixture.
- Begin kneading your dough, adding the additional cup of flour as you knead. Knead for 10 minutes. The dough will look a bit greasy but should not be sticky.
- Set your dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise for 2 hours.
- Knead the dough a second time and let it rise for 1 more hour.
- In a food processor blend all streusel ingredients.
- Separate dough into three equal pieces. Roll these into strands of equal length. Roll each strand in struesel, pressing it into the dough with your hands as necessary.
- Braid dough, tucking under edges, and placing it into a loaf pan. Sprinkle extra streusel on top.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees for twenty minutes. Bake the loaf at this temperature for ten minutes.
- Lower temperature to 350 and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool. Devour.