If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love using multicolored carrots in this salad for a nice visual effect, but it will be just as tasty with just one color, don’t worry. Also, if you love cheese as much as we do, I definitely recommend a crumble of feta or ricotta salata on top of this salad, it’s pretty fantastic. —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
- 2 cups carrots, julienned
- 1 small fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 15 ounces can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion, green part only
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon whole cumin seed
- salt and pepper to taste
- crumbled feta or ricotta salata cheese for topping (optional)
- Combine carrots through cumin seed in a large bowl, stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, top with crumbled cheese if desired, and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad