If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: On a random weeknight, I’m not always in the mood to bust out the bamboo mats and start rolling some sushi. Which is why I invented this salad for when the craving strikes. Rice, nori, vegetables, sesame seeds, and a soy ginger wasabi dressing - it’s basically a sushi roll in salad form, no rolling required. —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi (or more to taste)
- 3 cups cooked and cooled white or brown rice (from about 1 cup dried rice)
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 2 sheets nori, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 thinly sliced scallion, green part only
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk thoroughly until mixed. Or to make things even easier, put the ingredients in a jar, screw on the lid, and shake until combined.
- Mix together the rice, cucumber, avocado, nori and scallion, then toss with the dressing until well coated.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad