If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I swear this sort of thing may be the perfect picnic food. It’s easy to throw together, packs well, is great cold or at room temp, and is just plain tasty. Spicy, crunchy, cool, herbaceous - this salad has a lot going for it. —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 4 ounces rice noodles, cooked, drained, and cooled
- 6-8 ounces grilled steak, thinly sliced (grilled chicken or pork also work)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup scallion, thinly sliced - green parts only
- 1 serrano chile pepper, thinly sliced (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thai basil
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk thoroughly until mixed. Or to make things even easier, put the ingredients in a jar, screw on the lid, and shake until combined.
- Mix together the rice noodles, steak, cucumber, scallion, chile, cilantro, mint, and thai basil, then toss with the dressing until well coated. Top with chopped peanuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad