If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Beluga lentils pack this vegan, and lettuce-free salad with plenty of protein to keep you energized and satiated all day long. Treeline vegan cheese resembles a similar tang and texture to goat cheese, which pairs beautifully with oranges, beets, and blueberries. Cucumbers give you just the kind of crunch your craving, while a heavy handful of fresh herbs and an oil-free orange vinaigrette bring a brightness to your salad and your day! —Lindsey
- 1 packet Love Beets, chopped
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup blueberries, rinsed
- 1 cup beluga lentils
- 1 cup Cucumber, diced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 2 cups fresh basil, mint, dill
- 1 cup sunflower sprouts
- 1 packet Treeline Vegan Cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Champagne Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Cook the lentils according to the instructions on the package. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the dressing: Zest and juice 1 orange and whisk together with vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Peel and chop the remaining orange and combine with sprouts, beets, blueberries, cucumber, herbs, scallions and lentils in a large salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine
- Crumble vegan cheese on top and garnish with additional herbs. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad