If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you have a bite of green curry oatmeal, your mind will do a double take. It’s unexpected, but it works. The flavor of green curry is softened and swaddled by the flavor of the oats, like a fuzzy blanket. A generous sprinkling of toasted coconut and brown sugar really pulls it all together and sparks up the flavor. —fiveandspice
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon green curry paste (homemade or store-bought), plus more to taste
- 2/3 cup water (or replace half the water with coconut milk, if desired)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (you could use steel cut, but you'll have to adjust the cooking time)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted, shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, or to taste
- In a small pot, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat until it has melted, then stir in the curry paste and cook until it starts to sizzle, a minute or so.
- Add the water and bring to a boil. Stir in the oats and pinch of salt, turn the heat down to low and cook, stirring frequently, until thick, about 5 to 7 minutes. Spoon into a bowl and top generously with toasted coconut and brown sugar.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!