If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first had a version of this salad from a Mediterranean restaurant near campus in college. I soon realized I could throw it together quickly, and for less money! This is easy to make ahead if entertaining or to have on hand for a quick lunch all week. If making ahead of time I recommend waiting to add the tomatoes and tossing with olive oil and vinegar just before serving. This can easily be made vegan by omitting the feta (or substituting with a vegan cheese). It is such a versatile salad, feel free to substitute any beans you like. I have also added noodles to this to make it more of a pasta salad. —Emily Love
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 can bean of choice (Pinto Beans, Great Northern Beans, Kidney Beans...)
- 4 ounces feta
- 3 tablespoons diced sundried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons diced roasted red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- drizzle olive oil and vinegar, to taste
- Drain and rinse each can of beans and add to a large bowl.
- Crumble 4 oz. feta (I usually buy an 8 oz. block and crumble half) and add to bowl. Can use pre-crumbled feta if you prefer.
- Dice sundried tomatoes and roasted red peppers and add to bowl. I buy both in jars and store in the fridge to have on hand for occasions such as this. Feel free to add more or less of each.
- Mince garlic cloves and add to bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic and add salt and pepper to taste. Add crushed red pepper flakes and toss.
- Top with quartered tomatoes and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad