If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bright, fresh, crispy, juicy, vibrant, effervescent…these are all words I tend to associate with spring and summertime. I wanted to create a dish that showcased these seasonal descriptives and highlight what a large role local produce plays in my nightly meals. This recipe is stress-free and a great option as a side dish for a BBQ. The salad would also be a perfect standalone dish for a light weeknight meal. —Behind the Plates
Zucchini Ribbon, Roasted Tomato, & Summer Corn Salad
- 5 small zucchini and/or yellow squash
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion (Sliced)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta for salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- pinches salt and pepper
Lemon Feta Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 Lemons
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Slice the tomatoes and place on the greased baking sheet. Drizzle or brush each tomato lightly with olive oil (2 tbsp).
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Bake for 50 minutes to one hour (once they start to brown and get crispy edges is a good sign they are done). Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Bring a large salted pot of water to boil. Add your two ears of corn and allow cooking for about 5-6 minutes. Remove and let cool. Once cooled, using a knife remove the corn from the cob.
- Using a vegetable peeler (you can also use a mandolin or a spiralizer, on a thick noodle setting, if you have these on hand) slice the zucchini into thick ribbon like strands (peeling top to bottom).
- Heat a tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pan. Add the zucchini ribbons and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Be sure to stir so all pieces are quickly cooked. Remove from heat and add to your serving bowl.
- Add the corn, sliced onion, feta, walnuts, and cooled roasted tomatoes to the salad bowl.
- Using a food processor or blender pulse together garlic clove, ¼ cup feta, the juice from 3 lemons and ½ cup of olive oil, and 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper for 30 seconds. Top the salad with this dressing and mix before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad