Author Notes: A cool refreshing salad with a touch of sweetness and crunch. If you cannot find Thai basil you may use a traditional pesto and highlight with some minced mint leaves. —A Healthy Hunger
cups fresh corn kernals
cups diced zucchini
cup red onion, diced
cups thai basil leaves*
cup olive oil
teaspoon minced garlic
ounces feta cheese
- Place corn kernels, zucchini and red onion into a large bowl.
- In a food processor, or blender, add the basil, oil, garlic and salt and puree until smooth. The pesto recipe may be tripled or quadrupled and kept for 1 week in the fridge.
- Toss the pesto with the vegetables and adjust seasoning
- Add the feta cheese and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad