If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you try these pork meatballs in a creamy mushroom sauce you WILL ask for seconds. Seriously delicious! —All that's Jas
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large onion, chopped and divided
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms (white or Crimini)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (or sour cream)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Chop the onion and dill if you’re using fresh (recommended). In a big bowl add the ground pork, garlic, half the chopped onion and half the dill. Add eggs, breadcrumbs, buttermilk, hot sauce and salt and pepper. Mix well and shape into meatballs. The size is up to you.
- Fry the meatballs, but don’t cook them completely through, about 3 min per side. Transfer them to a parchment paper-lined cookie tray. Place them in the oven and bake for about 20-30 minutes, depending on their size.
- In the meantime start the sauce. First slice up the mushrooms. Mushrooms contain potassium and phosphorous and can lower estrogen levels which might reduce breast cancer susceptibility! Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add remaining onions and sauté for a couple of minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and stir. Add broth, cream, wine, salt, and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes until sauce thickens. Remove the meatballs from the oven and add to the mushroom sauce. Add remaining dill and parsley to the sauce, stir, cover, and simmer for a couple more minutes.