If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Though this recipe uses penne pasta, you can use any pasta you like, such as bow tie or spaghetti. Feel free to play around with the sauce to add or delete ingredients. This recipe is quite versatile and the pasta goes well with any combination of fresh vegetables. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/penne-salad —Healthline
- 4 ounces whole wheat penne pasta, boiled and drained per instructions
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- To make the dressing, combine the extra virgin olive oil, peanut butter, minced garlic, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Whisk till the dressing emulsifies.
- In a salad bowl, combine the pasta, bell pepper, carrot, and eggs. Chill in the refrigerator. Pour the dressing on the salad before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad