If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Can be served warm or at room temperature. —garlic and zest
- 1 ed bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 2-3 small zucchini, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 small yellow squash, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, large dice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes (depending on how much heat you like)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 14 ounce can cherry tomatoes in juice, or diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup julienned fresh basil
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté 2-3 minutes until softened and slightly translucent.
- Add the red bell pepper and continue cooking another 2-3 minutes. Add the zucchini, squash and kosher salt. Stir to combine and place a tight fitting lid on the pan. Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables have softened slightly.
- Add the can of tomatoes, the garlic, red pepper flakes, thyme, rosemary and dried basil and stir to blend. Cook an additional 8-10 minutes with the lid on the pan, stirring occasionally.
- oss with lemon zest and fresh basil. Serve.