If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Combining seasonal herbs and ingredients with the sweet and salty taste of Maine lobster, this Dandelion and Apricot Salad from Zone Manhattan is a refreshing, light dish ideal for a healthy lunch or appetizer. The unique blend of flavors from the greens, beets, carrots and apricots provides a burst of flavor in each bite. —Edit2015
Zone Manhattan Sweet Maine Lobster, Dandelion and Apricot Salad
- 1.5 Lobster
- 1 cup Fava Beans
- 1 Fennel
- 1 bunch Radish, sliced
- 1 Persian Cucumber, round
- 4 Apricots
- 2 Golden Beets
- 1/2 cup Spring Baby Carrots, shaved
- 1 bunch Dandelion Greens
- 1/2 cup Green Beans
- Poach 2 x 1 ¼ Lobster for 14 min.. Remove the meat and dice.
- Clean Dandelion Greens Well (Very Sandy).
- Slice Apricots into 8 pieces, shave fennel slice radish and cucumber round
- Remove Favas from there pod. Cook and peal Fava Beans
- Roast whole and peel beets- dice and sprinkle with raspberry vinegar (balsamic).
- Blanch baby carrots for 2 min.
Apple and Orange Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/2 cup Apricot
- 1/4 White Wine Vinegar
- 1/8 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (optional)
- TBD Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In Blender- puree apricots with zest from 1 orange and Vinegar.
- Season with S&P. The EVO is optional. Add slowly to taste
- Salad- Add Dandelion leaves and Vegetables in large bowl, add some dressing and mix. Add Lobster and serve.