If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This came about by my love of MySocialChef's Spanish Roasted Potato Salad and my own Lemon Roasted Potatoes with Kalamatas. We were fortunate to find large 25 ounce jars of Castelvetrano olives at the local big box wholesale store and have been playing with them ever since. Tom loves them with martinis and I made an olive and pecan spread for crackers. And we both love just snacking on them! —inpatskitchen
Makes about 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds baby redskin potatoes, halved or quartered
- 25 pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, put through a garlic press or grated on a microplane
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- One lemon
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- Additional salt and pepper and extra extra virgin olive oil if needed
- Pre heat your oven to 350F. Place the cut potatoes and the olives on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over and sprinkle with the garlic, salt, pepper and oregano. Toss with your clean hands making sure that everything is well coated.
- Roast the potatoes and olives for 35 to 40 minutes or until the potatoes are slightly browned and tender. Turn them over a few times during roasting to get all sides browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Place in a bowl and squeeze the juice from half of the lemon over and toss. Taste and if you'd like more lemon, squeeze the juice from the other half over and re-toss. Toss in the green onions and adjust for salt, pepper and olive oil if needed. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad