If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of those dishes that just came together as I was staring at random ingredients in my refrigerator. I knew I wanted to use the colorful carrots I had just purchased, and the rest just fell into place. —Mandy Bora
- 6-8 Medium Carrots
- 1 Medium White Onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Corriander
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Good Vinegar (Balsamic, Red Wine, etc...)
- 1/4 cup Harissa
- Boil or steam carrots until fork tender, and let them rest.
- Sauté chopped onion in olive oil until soft and slightly caramelized.
- Set cooked onion aside in large bowl, and add in Harissa, salt, spices and vinegar.
- Slice carrots into thin 1/4-inch disks and gently fold into the onion mixture.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad