If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’ve always had an affinity for homemade butters. I started by making peanut butter when I was a teenager and it’s been going ever since. I love this pumpkin seed & hazelnut butter as a snack – spread on crackers, toast, or an apple. Sometimes I get home from work and I need a little something to hold me over. I know that alternative butters can be expensive in the store and even when you make them at home. I was really inspired by this post about homemade nut and seed butter from Green Kitchen Stories. Not only did I like their recipes (still need to try the maple turmeric nut butter), but I was really appreciative of their tip on how to make those expensive/rarer nuts go a long way. Add seeds! —Austin | Tea & Stories
Makes 8 oz
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower sieeds
- 2-3 pinches coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Roast the hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds together for 10-12 minutes.
- The nuts and seeds will be lightly golden and release a nutty aroma. Remove from the oven and blend in a food processor with sea salt for 10-20 minutes.
- Blend in 3-4 minute batches if you want to make sure that your food processor doesn’t overheat.
More Great Recipes: