If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you want a quick and healthy snack that is both low in calories and filling, then this recipe is for you. It is highly nutritious and tastes exceptionally good. It can be eaten as a snack or you can incorporate it in your main course menu as a salad side dish. It can serve as an appetizer too. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/salsa-salad —Healthline
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped red, yellow and green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup yellow sweet corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Heat a heavy non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Put corn and water into it and cover the pan with a lid. Steam for approximately 3-5 minutes or until corn is tender. Drain the excess water, cool and keep aside.
- In a large salad bowl, mix chopped onion, tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber and steamed corn. Season the salad mixture with salt, black pepper powder, sugar, lemon juice and white vinegar. Mix well.
- Serve as a salad side dish or as a snack with nachos.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad