If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes: 1 standard loaf
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 45 min
teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon kosher salt
ounces (1 1/2 cups) unsweetened, shredded coconut
tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, lime zest, and salt. Add sugar and coconut, and stir to mix. Make a well in the center, and pour in egg mixture. Gradually mix with dry ingredients until just combined. Add melted butter, and stir until smooth. Do not over-mix.
- Line an 8 1/2- by 4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. (You may need to prepare a mini loaf pan or other small vessel in the same manner.) Pour batter into pan, making sure it isn't filled more than 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 1 to 1 1/4 hours, but start checking after 45 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes, remove bread from pan, and finish cooling on a rack.
- To serve, cut into 8 to 10 thick slices. If desired, toast lightly and spread with butter or lime curd.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!