If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Creamy, savory & crunchy! What more could you wish for in a chicken salad? How about serving it on slices of delicious sweet bread just for fun. Scrumptious! —Virginia Louden
- 1 pound Roasted chicken meat (white, dark or both)
- 1 Apple (medium/diced)
- 1-2 Celery stalks (diced)
- 1/4 cup Red onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Loaf of your favorite sweet bread (I prefer Lemon Poppy Seed Bread)
- Rough chop the chicken into decent bite sized chunks.
- Dice the celery, onions and apple. (approx. 1/4")
- Once the fruit and veggies are all in the bowl with the chicken, add the salt and pepper. Do not be afraid of the pepper. Just go right ahead and grind away.
- Gently toss together and then fold in the mayo & dijon. Add more salt and/or pepper if desired.
- Can be served on bread, with crackers, in lettuce wraps or any other way you like your chicken salad.
- Refrigerate leftovers (if any) in an air-tight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad