If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I usually brainstorm my meal ideas when I walk around the green market. This carrot salad isn't an exception. It was beginning of spring and the weather got warmer, so I wanted to make something colorful and picked up the carrots, purple kohlrabi and watermelon radishes at the Union Square Greenmarket. —Katrin
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced (can use a peeler or mandoline)
- 2 small watermelon radish, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, grated
- 1/4 lemon for juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
Avocado cream (adapted from Deliciouslyella)
- 1 ripe avocado, cored
- 1/2 apple cider vinegar (can use juice of 1/4 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grounded black pepper
- In a medium bowl, 'massage' carrot ribbons with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place seasoned carrots on salad bowls. Combine grated kohlrabi, apple, Greek yogurt and lemon juice together. Mix well and place on carrots.
- Blend all avocado cream ingredients in food processor for 1-2 minutes until creamy. Scoop avocado cream onto the salad. Garnish with watermelon radish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad