If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Feta cheese is whipped up with greek yogurt, lemon and chives for a bright, creamy dip that takes almost no time at all to make. I also added some additional heat and texture in the form of pine nuts toasted in a quick homemade chile oil. And finally, no dip would be complete without something fantastic to dip it in. In this case, the only real option I saw was pita chips. In particular, homemade pita chips spiced with smoked paprika and za’atar. All I can say is, this is one tasty dip. —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
Makes 1 appetizer
Whipped Feta Dip
- 8 ounces block feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives + more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine feta, greek yogurt, 2 Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, chives, and black pepper in a food processor. Process until a smooth consistency is achieved. Transfer dip to a serving bowl.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil and crushed red pepper flakes in a pan over medium high heat. Stirring constantly to prevent chile flakes from burning, cook until oil is very hot and infused with the chile, about 2 minutes. Add the pine nuts, and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until pine nuts are a deep golden brown. Immediately pour toasted pine nuts and chile oil atop feta dip. Top with additional chopped chives and serve with spiced pita chips for dipping.
Spiced Pita Chips
- 2 pita pocket breads
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon za'atar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the pita breads into eighths. Separate each pita triangle into two pieces (the top and bottom of the pocket) by tearing along the top edge.
- Spread pita triangles on a baking sheet and toss evenly with the olive oil, za’atar, and smoked paprika.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until pita chips are golden brown and toasty.