If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Horchata is a rice/almond based drink that is incredibly refreshing and when combined with mezcal it becomes the perfect summer cocktail. Also perfect for Cinco de Mayo! —Chrissy / Eat Some, Wear Some
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups blanched sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 cup agave or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12-16 shots mezcal
- limes and cinnamon for garnish
- Combine rice, almonds, lime zest and juice, cinnamon sticks, agave, vanilla and salt in a large bowl.
- Heat 4 cups of water to a boil and pour over other ingredients. Let cool, stirring occasionally, and put into the fridge to steep overnight.
- Strain mixture using a cheesecloth set in a colander or fine mesh sieve. Use a spatula to press liquid through first then squeeze cheesecloth to get every last drop.
- Whisk in almond milk and ground cinnamon.
- Mix mezcal directly into Horchata or pour into each glass. I recommend pouring a shot (1.5 fl oz) over the ice and topping with horchata. Add a festive straw for stirring!
- Serve over lots of ice, a dusting of cinnamon and a lime wedge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe