If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you can find fresh cucumbers at your local farmer's market you'll want to use them, as they won't have a waxy coating. These you can use unpeeled in your salad, but if the cucumbers do have this coating, it's best to peel them. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/cucumber-salad-caper-dressing —Healthline
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large cucumbers, or 4 small
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- In a food processor or blender, combine first 6 ingredients and process until smooth. With motor running, slowly add oil. Set aside.
- Cut the cucumbers in half horizontally and then slice into thin, half-moon shapes. Add dressing and toss to coat. Allow mixture to stand for at least 30 minutes.
- To serve, drain mixture well and place sliced cucumbers on a serving plate. Sprinkle with thyme.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad