If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple but elegant. That's what I was after when I invited my bosses over for dinner. They are serious foodies and I wanted to impress. Rather than create something fussy, I let clean flavors and fresh ingredients make me look good. (It worked too, they enjoyed it and even asked for the recipe!) —Stephanie
White Wine Reduction
cup Pinot Gris (or other white wine of your choice)
cup white wine vinegar
tablespoon whole grain mustard
- In a small sauce pan, combine all ingredients over medium heat.
- Simmer until mixture is reduced to desired thickness. I like a slightly syrupy consistency.
Asparagus & Fennel Salad
bunch green asparagus
bunch white asparagus
bunch fresh tarragon
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave both the green and white asparagus. Set shaved asparagus ribbons in a bowl of ice water as you work, this will cause them to curl slightly.
- Halve the fennel bulbs lengthwise and cut into thin slices. Reserve some of the leafy fronds for garnishing the finished salad.
- Blanch half of the fennel.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus, fennel, and tarragon leaves.
- Dress with white wine reduction and garnish with a few fennel leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad