If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I find the color of specialty oranges so inspiring. Internet research tells me this is a fairly classic combination in Sicily- it usually features Moro blood oranges, so it is stunning as well as scrumptious. I used a combination of Moro and Cara Cara oranges... —WinnieAb
- 1/2 large fennel bulb, trimmed, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 3 oranges (I used a combination of Moro and Cara Caras
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice from 1/2 lemon or Meyer lemon
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Using a very sharp knife, peel the oranges. Make sure to remove all of the pith. Cut the oranges into cross-wise slices and then cut each slice in half. Remove and discard any seeds.
- Arrange the fennel and orange slices on a serving plate and scatter the parsley on top. Drizzle with the olive oil and the lemon juice, and season with the salt and pepper.